You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

i do not want reminders to be linked to the calender

I have upgraded to ios18 and iPad 18 and now my repeating reminders are in my calendar

I do not want this I want reminders and calendar to be totally separate as they were in ios17

I cannot see any way of doing this except to use google calendar app

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 5:27 PM

If you open the calendar app, at the bottom of the screen you’ll see the word calendars. If you tap that, all the calendars you’ve created or subscribed to will show up. One of those will say “reminders”. If you click to turn that one off, the reminders will go away.

18 replies

Sep 20, 2024 10:40 AM in response to lp1756

lp1756 wrote:

I only have the upgrade loaded on my iPhone and I don't know what you mean by sidebar. Maybe only the iPad has a sidebar. I did find the "Completed Reminders" option on the iPhone by clicking Calendars at the bottom of the Calendar app -- but that only turns of completed reminders, non all reminders which is what I want to do.

There is no Sidebar on an iPhone. There have been instructions in this thread for Macs and iPads as well.

Tap on the "Calendars" tab at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down until you see "Scheduled Reminders." Untick it.

Sep 20, 2024 7:09 AM in response to boerne6

I have tried turning off reminders in calendar by following the many posts in this thread. When I hit the Calendars button, the only option I have is "Show Completed Reminders" -- on or off. There is no way that I can see to turn off showing uncompleted reminders. Anybody know a way to turn off all reminders in the calendar app? BTW I have the non-beta, full 18.0 release if that makes a difference.

Sep 20, 2024 9:50 AM in response to WiscEllen

I only have the upgrade loaded on my iPhone and I don't know what you mean by sidebar. Maybe only the iPad has a sidebar. I did find the "Completed Reminders" option on the iPhone by clicking Calendars at the bottom of the Calendar app -- but that only turns of completed reminders, non all reminders which is what I want to do.

Sep 20, 2024 10:32 AM in response to Kendot

Figured it out….Open the Mac Calendar…Under the “View" dialog box, select “Show Calendar Events”. On the left window, deselect the reminders box. This will eliminate the reminders from your calendar. Under the “View" dialog box select “Hide Calendar List” to close the side window. Easy fix.

i do not want reminders to be linked to the calender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.