You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Need help Autofilling data on one sheet from multiple sheets as it is created

I'm not sure how to explain this but hope this works.

I have a numbers file with multiple sheets (and more to be added). The main summary sheet is one table that will have a row for each client sheet, and specific data from that sheet.

Ie. Sheet 1 is a summary of some info, The rest of the sheets are all my client data (Name, Number, Budget, project status).

Right now the summary sheet is pretty much blank (see photos below). I fill out another sheet with all the client data, and have a template that I copy for each client data sheet.

I would like to have some of that data auto-populate on the summary sheet (one row per sheet).

Ie. I fill out the client sheet, and as I do, the summary sheet will add a few of the fields that I am typing. This way I have a quick overview of all the current projects without getting into individual sheets.

Is there a way to do this?

Summary Page: where I want data to go(budget, status, name etc.)

Client Data Page: Where the data will come from

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

Michael

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 1:35 PM

1 reply

Sep 16, 2024 4:22 PM in response to Michael Maulucci

You're building this in a very "databasey" way that is possible to replicate in a spreadsheet but not always easy if you want a summary table as you suggest.

If you're running a business you might want to consider software more suited to what you are trying to do. If you stick with Numbers then you will most likely end up maintaining the summary table by hand. Formulas using INDIRECT may help automate the task, but they tend to get complex and themselves need maintaining.

But manual updates may be all you need, not too onerous if you don't have a large number of clients.

SG

Need help Autofilling data on one sheet from multiple sheets as it is created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.