You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Recording Internal Audio from Mac Games / OBS settings

I have tried to record the internal audio on my Mac with Quicktime and at first I thought blackhole would work since the YouTube videos I saw did record that audio but as soon as enter one my app games on my Mac and try to record with Quicktime I still get no audio from it. Is there another method or another option I can go to. I am starting a gaming channel with Mac/Arcade games available and I really would like the audio from the games. I also have tried OBS but I can't seem to get the settings right for recording, if anyone one has any recommendations on those that would be also helpful. Again this is just for recording settings, I just want gameplay to come out smooth and not choppy and glitchy. Games vary from NBA 2K to Hello Kitty Island to Lego Star Wars & more heavy duty games.

MacBook Pro (M3 Max, 2023)

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 3:20 AM

1 reply

Sep 16, 2024 6:30 AM in response to EBerraE

hmmm, that is strange. using QuickTime with BlackHole, you should have no problems recording your gameplay with audio on the Mac. I'm wondering if the issue is "pilot error".

can you share some screenshots with us to ensure it is set up properly? I would like to see:

1. your options in the menubar sound options.
  2. your options in your recording controls options. and
  3. your multi-output device in your audio MIDI settings.

Recording Internal Audio from Mac Games / OBS settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.