You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I am unable to crop any clips with the Ken Burns method or otherwise.

Hi I am using iMovie with Sonoma 14.6.1 on a MacBook Pro. I am unable to crop any clips with the Ken Burns method or otherwise. the white 'edges' are unable to be pulled in and as far as I aware, there is no issue with the mouse or the trackpad. Can you advise? Thanks

Posted on Sep 15, 2024 9:55 AM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2024 11:25 AM in response to Userwithissues

Hi,

Try deleting/resetting preferences. To delete/reset preferences close and then open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new empty library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. (To reopen your old library close iMovie and go to your Movie folder or wherever you have your old iMovie library stored. Double click on the library’s icon.  iMovie will open in that library.) Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Another thing that you can try is to create a new project and see if the iMovie functions work O.K. there.

-- Rich

I am unable to crop any clips with the Ken Burns method or otherwise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.