You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Uninstalled plugin categories is still visible in Final Cut Pro's Effects Browser

A couple of weeks ago I uninstalled a bunch of effects (plugins) from BorisFX, ReVisionFX etc., however the categories are still visible inside of Final Cut Pro's Effects Browser. These categories doesn't contain any effects and are empty. I've restarted Final Cut Pro and my Mac multiple times since I de-installed them using the plugin hosts own de-installers. How do I remove these empty categories?

The empty categories are still visible in the Final Cut Pro Effect's Browser.

These category folders are not listed in the "Movies"-folders' "Motion Templates"-folder in Finder (the only effect visible there is the Matte Magic which I ported over from Motion to clean up the alpha channel of the Screen Removal Mask).

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 4:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 5:59 PM

Check this location:

/Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro/Templates/[Effects,Generators,Titles,Transitions]

Some template makers, particularly those that make use of their own software installers, use this location instead of the Home/Movies/Motion Templates folder.

If you have an installer for BorisFX and/or ReVisionFX, you might also consider deleting (or uninstalling) those as well.

FWIW — I have *no* experience with either product, so you should probably search how to:

uninstall borisfx on mac

and

uninstall revisionfx on mac

Just to make sure...

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2024 5:59 PM in response to FilipOfficial

Check this location:

/Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro/Templates/[Effects,Generators,Titles,Transitions]

Some template makers, particularly those that make use of their own software installers, use this location instead of the Home/Movies/Motion Templates folder.

If you have an installer for BorisFX and/or ReVisionFX, you might also consider deleting (or uninstalling) those as well.

FWIW — I have *no* experience with either product, so you should probably search how to:

uninstall borisfx on mac

and

uninstall revisionfx on mac

Just to make sure...

Uninstalled plugin categories is still visible in Final Cut Pro's Effects Browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.