You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Backing up my iPhone and iPad with windows 10/11 (no mac or mac mini) and an airport time capsule .

I would like to utilize my extra hard drives I have laying around that isnt currently being used. I found out that It may be possible to backup my devices with an airport time capsule. would this be possible without using any mac devices and only using itunes thru windows 10? thankyou

Time Capsule

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 10:00 AM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2024 11:53 AM in response to krewpal

would this be possible without using any mac devices and only using itunes thru windows 10?

Not going to work.

The Time Capsule uses an ancient SMB1 communication protocol and Microsoft disabled SMB1 starting with Windows 10 for very good security reasons.

So, you won't be able to read or write files from a PC using a Time Capsule.

If this were a one time thing, you could probably temporarily enable SMB1 on the PC to find a file or two, then disable it again when you have the file that you need.

Backing up my iPhone and iPad with windows 10/11 (no mac or mac mini) and an airport time capsule .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.