You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I can't resize the selection on a "capture selected portion" screenshot

I am trying ton capture a portion of my screen. The bounding box is there but cannot be re0sized or moved. MoonJ suggested unlocking it in the preference screen. I cant find this. There is no preference within the Quicktime menus and no on screen padlock. Any ideas?

Currently I have to capture the whole window and then cut down in Devinchi resolve.

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 6:23 AM

3 replies

Sep 14, 2024 11:28 AM in response to SW11

yes, it does work similar to screenshots. I am not having any trouble selecting a portion of my recordings. and while in "record selected portion", I have no issues with resizing or moving the selected window.

so I need to ask. do you have any apps that claim to "speed up" or "clean up" or otherwise "optimize" your Mac? and / or any antivirus apps? those types of apps can be problematic.

Sep 14, 2024 11:08 AM in response to jeffreythefrog

Thanks I know how to capture stills. I was actually referring to video it should work in a similar way but when you try and capture a particular area of the screen you can’t resize the box and you can’t move the box although sometimes you start up on the boxes of different size and in a different place I just can’t work out how to do it.

I can't resize the selection on a "capture selected portion" screenshot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.