You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can't paste from timeline copy/cut for DJI Pocket 3 created video files

Final Cut Pro can't paste DJI Pocket 3 created video files when copied from the timeline

Steps to reproduce.

1. put any clip taken with DJI Pocket 3 on the timeline
  2. hover clip and press "i" and "o" in to separate places to select part of the clip
  3. Press ⌘C (or select Copy from the Edit Menu)
  4. Press ⌘V (or select Paste from the Edit Menu)

Expected Result: Section of the clip selected is pasted into the timeline

Actual result: Nothing happens.

Retried with several clips. Clips taken with my iPhone14 work fine and can copy and paste fine. Videos taken with DJI Pocket 3 do not.

Copying from the library (again using i and o) and pasting into the time line works fine. (only section copying from the timeline for DJI Pocket 3 videos doesn't work)

Mac mini, macOS 13.6

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 4:04 PM

7 replies

Sep 13, 2024 4:47 PM in response to paullb514

Is he using DJI Pocket 3 media? What are the specs? What are the project properties? He's copy/pasting between projects. What are both project properties? The video is a year old so it predates the current version of FCP. I'm assuming nothing's been done to the clips. There may be other factors. I cannot reproduce the problem with the DJI media I have, or any of the other media I tried, ArriAmira, RED, Canon, Panasonic.

Sep 13, 2024 4:51 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

Is he using DJI Pocket 3 media? What are the specs? What are the project properties? He's copy/pasting between projects. What are both project properties?

All I said, was I am experiencing the exact same issue (from a user standpoint) so instead of making my own video, I shared his. Between projects and within the same project, ranged selections don't copy.

I tried with several clips from the pocket, same with all of them.

Incidentally, drone (DJI Mini 3 Pro) footage is fine.

Sep 13, 2024 5:54 PM in response to paullb514

The file doesn't copy when it's in a timeline not based on it. If there's something already in the clipboard that gets pasted, which indicates the file isn't copying from the timeline.

What's strange is that if you make a project based on that clip (select the clip in the browser and make new project) it will copy from that project into another project. There is something about the media of this specification that seems to cause the copy problem in a project that doesn't match it. I can't see what it is though.

Sep 13, 2024 6:02 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

The file doesn't copy when it's in a timeline not based on it. If there's something already in the clipboard that gets pasted, which indicates the file isn't copying from the timeline.

What's strange is that if you make a project based on that clip (select the clip in the browser and make new project) it will copy from that project into another project. There is something about the media of this specification that seems to cause the copy problem in a project that doesn't match it. I can't see what it is though.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it!

The settings are bog standard for the DJI Pocket 3 (it's brand new and I didn't change anything)

Can't paste from timeline copy/cut for DJI Pocket 3 created video files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.