You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Turn Off iPad Mic while using an external midi device on Logic for iOS

I use both Logic Pro for Mac and for iPad. I have several plugins (Relic Flow, Relic Waves, Steel Guitar Pro) that can’t be used as internal instruments on Logic for Mac. In my projects I use these as external midi instruments and that works fine. However, to use them on my iPad Logic Projects as external midi instruments, I seem to have to have the microphone turned on, and the input from the external instrument will not show up in any bounces (if I play the project I can hear the instrument, but it is not inputting audio to its track it is playing on the system?).

So far, the only workaround I have found for this is to make a new track with an audio unit instrument on the iPad and copy the midi data to that track. Edit. And then if I want to continue editing in Logic on my Mac delete the old external midi track, make a new external track and copy the data to it. While it works, it is a terribly inelegant workflow and I am hoping someone can point me to a better way to move back and forth between iPad Logic and Mac Logic when plugins can’t be loaded as internal instruments on Mac Logic.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 9:41 AM

There are no replies.

Turn Off iPad Mic while using an external midi device on Logic for iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.