You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

AI Generated subtitles on FCPX

Hi, I plan to film myself for an about video, edit in Final Cut Pro X and then use Captions AI (https://www.captions.ai/) to generate subtitles automatically. Before I pay for captions, I wish to consult you guys and see if there's already a plugin that does that in Final Cut. Any comment or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 11, 2024 10:22 AM

9 replies

Sep 12, 2024 4:26 PM in response to Mariokart

SimonSays works directly inside of FCP. This is my personal go-to for such things.

https://www.simonsaysai.com/

Captionator For Final Cut Pro

Learn more about Captionator

SpeedScriber

Learn more about SpeedScriber

Caption Converter

Learn more about Caption Converter

To find this sort of stuff, in Apple's Final Cut Pro web site, there's a page called "Ecosystem" that lists lots of third party stuff.

Final Cut Pro for Mac - Ecosystem - Apple

Sep 19, 2024 9:12 AM in response to BenB

Considering Apple is usually the best when it comes to Accessibility, it's mind blowing that they have not incorporated a way to generate subtitles in their paid professional video editing application for people suffering from hearing disability. Imagine how much content is created in Final Cut Pro every day, and how much more content with subtitles would exist if Apple incorporated automatic generation of subtitles. Their speech-to-text motor has been really good for a long time. I recommend submitting this as a feature suggestion to the Final Cut Pro team here: Feedback - Final Cut Pro - Apple

Sep 16, 2024 3:57 PM in response to Mariokart

"Aiko" by Sindre Sorhus is available on the Mac App Store, is completely free, doesn't collect any data from you and runs locally on your Mac. You can just export out your project as an audio file from Final Cut Pro, drag and drop it into Aiko and then Aiko uses OpenAI's Whisper which is the most accurate audio-to-text model that exists. Aiko can then export out it as a subtitles file with timecode that can be imported to Final Cut Pro. It sounds more complicated than it is but takes like 5 minutes total and will give you the most accurate transcription there is. Good luck!

AI Generated subtitles on FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.