You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Starting over with iTunes Match - but how?

I am in the process of rebuilding my music library and would like to move from Apple Music to iTunes Match. In that process, I assumed, that once I disabled Apple Music and activated iTunes Match, all there would be left in my library would be the music files actually present on my Mac.

But no. All matched/transferred songs were still there. Even music added as an Apple Music subscriber was listed, albeit unplayable. Even some of the matched songs won't play, and I find that very weird.

Now i wonder: Album A that is in the cloud but not in the actual library, will it appear twice if i add it to the library, or will it match up with the previously matched album?

Would it be better to unmatch/untransfer songs and then do the rebuild and do a new sync in smaller batches as albums are added to the library?

It's a large library.

Posted on Sep 11, 2024 2:31 AM

There are no replies.

Starting over with iTunes Match - but how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.