You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Third party plugins not showing up in FCPx

Hi all,

My plugins/motion templates suddenly aren't showing up in fcpx. I have the folders (titles, transitions, generators and effects) in the motion templates folder and I've tried the trick with adding ".localized" after each name but despite fixing things in the past, it's not now. I also tried updating to the newest version of fcpx (10.8.1) and no luck.

Do you have any advice on how to get them back? To be clear no plugins except for fcpx' internal ones are showing up.

I haven't tried clearing preferences yet since it's quite annoying to reset my custom settings, and it hasn't worked in the past, but let me know if you think that's worth a try.

Here is a screenshot of my transitions folder and how it's missing in fcpx:

I'm running FCPx version 10.8.1 and MacOS Sonoma 14.5.

Let me know if additional information is needed - any help is greatly appreciated, thank you so much!!

Best,

Ida

Posted on Sep 11, 2024 2:22 AM

2 replies

Sep 11, 2024 2:49 AM in response to IdaFCPx

Only the Motion Templates, Transitions, Titles, Effects and Generators folders must be localized.

Under Transitions should be category folders, and then the folders for each actual transition.

The category folders will appear in FCP as groups - along with the built-in ones as seen in your posted image (360, Blurs, Dissolves, etc)

You can name these categories in any way that makes sense to you.

It is unclear if the folders under Transitions in your first image are the actual transitions or categories, but it seems that they are transitions. If that is the case you just need to put them inside another folder: for example

Motion Templates/Transitions/MyTransitions/VHS Transition

(MyTransitions will be the category)

To confirm if this is the case, can you show us what is inside VHS Transition?

Sep 11, 2024 2:56 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Ah amazing, I made an "in between folder" called "my transitions" and put them all there and now it's working! Weird, I've used FCPx for ~10 years and always just had them straight in the transitions folder with no issues.. Anyways, thanks so much, really appreciate it!!

Putting this screenshot as a reference in case others run into the same issue:

Third party plugins not showing up in FCPx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.