You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Final Cut Pro stalls on exports, can't be shut down after canceling the export...must be forced close

I found the problem area. My DJI mic uses the right channel, my sony cam has an external mic that uses the left. Naturally, I use the external mic in case my DJI mic has a problem (a backup basically). When I import, I drop the two channel audio and make the DJI mono.

The problem area is 5 seconds of a clip, split into two pieces and added together. If I delete the two audio clips, I compile fine. If I switch my mono from DJI to the external mic, I can compile just fine. The DJI mic portion is what's killing the project.

I don't use optimized media, but even after trying optimized with the problem area, it still didn't work. I don't use proxy. It won't export as an audio or video file unless I switch off the DJI mic for the 5 seconds.

I don't use rendering.

Version 10.8.1, but it was a problem with 10.8 (which is why I upgraded)

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Sep 10, 2024 10:44 PM

3 replies

Sep 11, 2024 3:57 PM in response to Metamech

Though I don't think this will solve your particular issue, a simple thing to try is resetting FCP Settings. Hold option and command while launching FCP and choose Delete Settings. It will dump a diagnostics file on your Desktop, which you can dump, and then it will launch in the default state with the default Untitled library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the Settings back to the way you like (disable background rendering, etc.) and see if the issue persists.

It's also possible that DJI clip is or has become corrupt. Do you have the original copy that you can try to use instead?

Final Cut Pro stalls on exports, can't be shut down after canceling the export...must be forced close

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.