You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iTunes store stopped working on MacBook Air

I subscribed to Apple Music about 6 months ago, and I've downloaded several albums with no issues. Today I searched my iTunes store for an artist, and all his albums have prices below them.

So far I've closed and reopened Apple Music, rebooted my MacBook, updated Apple Music, and reauthorized my computer, and there are still prices. My wifi connection is good. My subscription is paid up.

If I go to Account, then Account Settings, the menu just closes and nothing happens.

So I'm stumped. Help please?

Thanks,

Riin

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Sep 1, 2024 11:44 AM

1 reply

Sep 7, 2024 11:59 AM in response to riin16

When you are subscribed to Apple Music you are still allowed to purchase iTunes Store music if you want to. Rights to listen to Apple Music are only valid while you have a subscription but rights to purchased music don't expire.

When you are searching for music in the Music app on a Mac you can specify whether to search Apple Music, iTunes Store or Your Library. After clicking in the Search box in the left sidebar, click on Apple Music at the top right of the main window.

See the screenshot below from Buy music from the iTunes Store on your Mac - Apple Support

iTunes store stopped working on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.