You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone iMovie places photos album in reverse chronological order. Why does iMovie do this?

iPhone iMovie takes chronologically ordered album from photos and puts on iMovie edit timeline in reverse chronological order. This problem has been reported for several years now. When will this software error be fixed?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 30, 2024 10:05 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2024 10:30 AM in response to Ernest Tufft

HI,

I did a test on my system and confirmed your findings. When the iPhone Photos app album is sorted Newest to Oldest (reverse chronology) then iPhone iMovie also displays the album Newest to Oldest. However, when I resorted the iPhone Photos app album to Oldest to Newest (chronological order) the iPhone iMovie did not change. It still sorted Newest to Oldest.

I don't know why iPhone iMovie does that. You would need to address Apple directly with your question, as this forum is a consumer forum whose contributors are product users like yourself. You might try contacting Apple Support to see if the techs there have an answer.

-- Rich

iPhone iMovie places photos album in reverse chronological order. Why does iMovie do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.