You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Stolen device protection and MDM.

I provide level 1 IT support for the company I work for and they use Microsoft Intune for MDM for salaried employees.

The software allows them to get their company email, respond to MS Teams chats, use Salesforce Mobile, and make calls and text with customers using the CellTrust app.

Since Apple provided the Stolen Device Protection feature it causes problems when someone tries to set up Microsft Intune on their phones.

When the caller gets to the step where the device profile is installed, SDP will make them do the face ID and then wait the 1 hour for the second verification.

We have received calls back that even after waiting the 1 hour and doing the second Face ID verification, they cannot continue.

I work for a bank and a lot of the callers are what you would call "Electronically challenged". Asking if they have SDP on seems to result in confusion and frustration.

I tell people to turn it off, complete the Intune setup and then turn it back on.

The company I work for is not the only organization that uses Microsoft Intune.

Are there no ways to fix this problem?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 30, 2024 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2024 7:45 AM

If you're doing BYOD (Bring your own device), then there isn't much you can do if the user is not in a trusted location. If you're issuing the devices, then you should strongly look into Automated Device Enrollment (ADE).

8 replies

Sep 3, 2024 9:57 AM in response to celliott147

The company does not issue devices.

All the cell phones and iPads that get Microsoft Intune installed on them are all BYOD.

What I'm thinking is that Apple and Microsoft should hammer out something where Intune checks your device and puts upt a message saying something like "We've detected that you are using Stolen Device Protection". This has been known to cause issues with Intune setup. Would you like instructions on how to turn it off?

Stolen device protection and MDM.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.