You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic varispeed does not record new tracks in sync, no one in forums knows why, can someone please advise?

Every time I slow down a song with varispeed and record my new track plays back faster then what I recorded, stretching it then results in out of sync parts, makes no sense, its suposed to record at the speed I set and then retime again at whatever speed I set the song no?

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on Aug 30, 2024 3:07 AM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2024 3:37 PM in response to GavrielTech

Varispeed is made by changing the sample rate. If you "slow down" your project and record a new track, it will be recorded at a lower sample rate. A soon you play the new recorded track with normal speed, it will be played much faster.

To avoid confusion, I recommend exporting the vari-pitched session, importing the files into a new session without Vari-Speed activated and recording new files here.

Logic varispeed does not record new tracks in sync, no one in forums knows why, can someone please advise?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.