You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find 2tb time capsule on windows 11 using macdrive11

My Mac desktop unformatted its startup disk recently, so im trying to use a time capsule to back up my pictures and files onto my windows laptop. I tried using a USB to USB-C cord to connect it, but it isnt showing up on any part of the computer, not on the files, or on the macdrive11 software im using to try and port it.

Posted on Aug 28, 2024 12:30 PM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2024 3:40 PM in response to CareBear098

The USB port on the Time Capsule is there for only two reasons.......

1) To add a USB hard drive for additional storage.

2) To add a USB printer

As Niel correctly states.....the Time Capsule connects to a network using Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Please keep in mind that the Time Capsule uses an older.....and insecure protocol called SMB1.0....and Microsoft has disabled SMB1.0 in Windows for some time....for good reason.....starting with Windows 10, I believe.

I am not recommending that you do this, but it is probably still possible to enable SMB1 on the PC.

Cannot find 2tb time capsule on windows 11 using macdrive11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.