You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animating one image across multiple slides

I'd like to animate one image across 4-5 slides...the image needs to scale up and move up simultaneously but smoothly across these 4-5 slides WHILE each slide has different text dissolving in. I know about Magic Move but it does not animate smoothly from one slide to the next. I'd love some expert to help me.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 28, 2024 12:12 PM

6 replies

Aug 29, 2024 12:38 PM in response to thomasfromnorthbrook

This seems possible to do (at least from my interpretation of your post).

I started by creating one slide with one image and one text object.

Duplicate this slide.

On the duplicate

• move and scale the image as needed.
  • edit the text
  • Under Animations, apply the Magic Move
  • IMPORTANT: Change the Acceleration to 'None' (this will enable a 'smooth' transition between slides).
  • Set the Start Transition to 'Automatically' with a delay of 0 (this causes the next slide to transition in straight away)

Duplicate the slide again, and adjust the image and text as needed.

Rinse and repeat for however many transitions you need.

When I play this I get the effect of the image moving across the screen, with 5 different texts dissolving in and out.

Am I missing something?

Aug 30, 2024 6:54 AM in response to Camelot

Dear Camelot!

First, thanks for your advice. I tried this, explicitly following your directions, and it does not seem to work.

These communities do NOT allow sharing files so here's a link to the file I created using your instructions.

If you can send me a file that does what I want, I can probably sleuth out all the settings. I must be doing something wrong.

[Edited by Moderator]

Animating one image across multiple slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.