You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FAULTY PAGE SETUP ON PAGES!!

A prior chain attempted to achieve resolution for this serious flaw. The document SHRINKS when I save to a PDF, print to a printer and send to my UPS shop for professional quality printout. My heading and lines are supposed to reach across the full page in my attachment below. ;-]

No one I know can do anything about it. Apple has got to fix this or I need to find an alternate text processing program. I would be disappointed as I PAID to use Pages word processing system.

If you look closely, you can see the outline of the actual page view, and all the extra space being added.

The problem is not an abstract one, but a serious flaw in the program. If I delete all margins, print setup margins, I do achieve something, which I would label as a mess. I ought to be able to use margins!!!

Please help!?!

Susan

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 27, 2024 9:24 AM

6 replies

Aug 27, 2024 11:20 AM in response to sbcontheweb

I see that the Apple hosts protected your identity via the redaction of your email and phone number. Google archives these posts and redaction prevents some scammers from using your contact information.

What version of macOS and Pages are you currently using? The last paid Pages version was either in the iWork '09 DVD or the version of separate Pages that was in the Mac App Store before Oct 2013.

Aug 27, 2024 12:23 PM in response to sbcontheweb

No Apple employees participate in these public communities. We are all fellow users and volunteer our time here as I have done since 2010. I too am using Pages v14.1 on Sonoma 14.6.1.

This will be hard to solve as I would have to know the details of your document settings that produce the document layout that you expect .vs. what you have included above. I would have to recreate and discover what is happening both before and after PDF export to concur or offer other recommendations.

Pages simply cannot deliver exacting page layout or modern PDF output as say Affinity (now Canva) Publisher, which by the way is free to use for six months. Publisher is not a word processing application and it rivals Adobe InDesign for features and power without subscription or the stinging Adobe cost.

Aug 27, 2024 6:45 PM in response to VikingOSX

So I should contact Apple support to let them know. Every Word processor manages to do this properly, as has Pages in the past. They have a bug. It is not anyone's settings as it crosses over into public professional systems. No PDF should be anything but the pure copy of your document.

I guess make sure that people know you are not Apple employee, so they aren't confused. Lol. It sounds like you are making excuses for THEM.

Aug 28, 2024 6:59 AM in response to sbcontheweb

You have a Provide Pages Feedback menu item on the Pages application menu. That goes directly to the Pages product team, but do not expect any response. They might contact you via email but that has low probability.

All of the Apple Support Communities are in name only, supported by fellow international users who volunteer their time and experience. These are neither official Apple Support sites, nor are Apple employees permitted to respond here because of the public nature of these sites. I am not making excuses for Apple as it is their policy regarding this paragraph.

If you contact real Apple Support, they will be in the same predicament as I am as they cannot see what you expect to generate from Pages, may lack real Pages experience, and may promise to convey your issues to the Pages product team, but may not have time due to other customer request volume.

FAULTY PAGE SETUP ON PAGES!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.