You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to delete Music Folder in iTunes and cannot find new playlists

can't delete music folder. - its possible to delete contents but not the folder itself.

also,

Can't find new playlists or smart playlists i have just created.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 27, 2024 8:54 AM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2024 3:49 PM in response to mali zohar

mali zohar wrote:

can't delete music folder. - its possible to delete contents but not the folder itself.
also,
Can't find new playlists or smart playlists i have just created.
  1. Leave it alone. Do not attempt to delete it.
  2. If you create the playlists in the iTunes/Music app, they will be immediately visible in your library. If you are unsure how to proceed, see this guide: How to create a playlist in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

Aug 27, 2024 11:13 PM in response to ed2345

I am sorry, i didn't add a very important factor . I have been using itunes for years, i know this is how you open new playlist always did it as you explained. But these troubles i have mentioned are happening only in the last few days since i have upgraded the apple software. honestly, it feels like a bug in the program. itunes/music behaves strange.

I cant add new songs to my existing smart playlists

i open new playlists and they don't show on the sidebar.

its frustrating since i'm unable to arrange the music anymore.

as i am a d.j. its part of my work.

I also tried to restart the program a couple of times. it didn't even save the new songs on the playlist i have created.

I am unable to delete Music Folder in iTunes and cannot find new playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.