You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting songs from iTunes (Music) Library

My iTunes [Music] library is version 1.4.5.36. I have a number of songs that are NOT from iTunes Store, but have been generationally in the library and are my personal recordings.

I want to export them, but the instructions provided here are for older versions of iTunes Library [e.g., some are from 2019]. Could someone who is more knowledgeable with current software provide me instructions. on how to proceed?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Aug 25, 2024 12:44 PM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2024 4:26 AM in response to Ahimsa

Ahimsa,

When you say "export," do you mean you want to make a copy of the song file to use outside of iTunes/Music? if so, just make a copy of the file. if you are not sure where the file is, find the song in your iTunes/Music library, right-click it, and choose Show in Finder (or Show in Windows Explorer).

Exporting songs from iTunes (Music) Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.