You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to duplicate the effect of a paper strip with drop shadow in the background in Keynote?

Hi,

I am trying to duplicate the effect of a paper strip with drop shadow in the background as it appears on the attached image but can't seem to find a simple and/or automated way to do it. As the image will show, the drop shadow is different and not uniform to give the impression the paper strip is slightly curved and the drop shadow varies from one part to the other.

Does anyone know how to achieve this result in Keynote?

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 14.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2024 7:57 PM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2024 7:39 AM in response to apple_customer

Something like this from Keynote 14.1 on Sonoma 14.6.1?

These are two identical stretched rounded rectangle shapes that are overlaid. The bottom one has the curved drop shadow and the top one has a regular but tweaked drop shadow repositioned. Both are 9.23 in wide and 2.35 in high. I could have spent more time finessing the spacing on the top Text box whose width is 9.05 in wide and 1.79 in high using a line spacing of exactly 20 pt and the text is Heebo 23 pt. Heebo comes from Google fonts. CNBC Select is its own text box with Heebo 13 pt.

Top settings:

Bottom settings:

One you have these overlapping and both selected, you Arrange menu > Group. I dragged an imaginary box around the whole solution above and then chose the Arrange menu > Group. You will find this time-consuming.

How to duplicate the effect of a paper strip with drop shadow in the background in Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.