You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iMemories Reviews - Is iMemories any good?

I’m considering using iMemories to digitize some old media and would love to get some feedback from those who have used their service. How was the quality of the conversions? Was the process straightforward and efficient? How does iMemories compare to other options like Legacy Box or digital converters such as Elgato in terms of pricing and customer service?

Posted on Aug 21, 2024 1:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 12:44 PM

IMemories lost one of my tapes and then lied about it. And it was a ridiculous lie.

Get this: I sent them 14 tapes. When they were finally digitized and processed, I noticed that one of the tapes that appeared on their site was not mine. It was video of a different family, all strangers. Plus my 14th tape (a super sentimental and irreplaceable video of the day our son was born) was missing!

After a months long “investigation,” they concluded that the 14th tape I sent them was the other family’s tape. In other words, I was the one who sent them the other family’s video! When they finally returned my box of tapes, there were only 13 tapes. Bottom line: they lose tapes and then blame you, even when the explanation is ridiculous.

I will never use them again. The entire purpose of their business is to help preserve analog memories. Instead, they permanently lose them. And then lie about it. At a minimum, they should own up to their error and apologize. But nope, that didn’t happen. Doing the right thing is another thing they have lost.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2024 12:44 PM in response to amysanchez24

IMemories lost one of my tapes and then lied about it. And it was a ridiculous lie.

Get this: I sent them 14 tapes. When they were finally digitized and processed, I noticed that one of the tapes that appeared on their site was not mine. It was video of a different family, all strangers. Plus my 14th tape (a super sentimental and irreplaceable video of the day our son was born) was missing!

After a months long “investigation,” they concluded that the 14th tape I sent them was the other family’s tape. In other words, I was the one who sent them the other family’s video! When they finally returned my box of tapes, there were only 13 tapes. Bottom line: they lose tapes and then blame you, even when the explanation is ridiculous.

I will never use them again. The entire purpose of their business is to help preserve analog memories. Instead, they permanently lose them. And then lie about it. At a minimum, they should own up to their error and apologize. But nope, that didn’t happen. Doing the right thing is another thing they have lost.

Oct 21, 2024 11:04 PM in response to amysanchez24

I found the solution, thanks for all the feedback, I bought Elgato video capture from Amazon. I wanted to do it myself. It was little bit hard for me, it tooks me couple of tries untill I got it correclty. Anyways its up to personal choice whether DIY or online mail service is the best options for you. research online before you make the final choice.

Found this page from Times Standard comparing them. https://www.times-standard.com/2024/02/01/best-10-choices-for-converting-vhs-to-digital-in-2024-how-to-convert-vhs-to-digital/

Hope this helps

Sep 18, 2024 2:23 PM in response to amysanchez24

To convert VHS to digital, you'll need a few things: a VCR, a capture card to transfer the video from the VHS to your computer, and software like OBS Studio to record the video.

If you prefer not to handle the DIY process, you can opt for a VHS conversion service. For the DIY route, you can purchase a capture card or digital video converter from local stores or reliable online retailers.

iMemories Reviews - Is iMemories any good?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.