You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My movies on movies are not the same on my Mac, iPad, iPhone

I want to make YouTube videos. I have been working on four but there are on my Mac, three on my iPad, and iPhone. I want to edit them on my Mac. I can not get it on my Mac. I tried airdrop, I plugged my iPad into the Mac. I got two on. But I can not work on them on my and then on my iPad. My mac I got around 2016. I have been looking at getting a newer Mac. Will this resolve it?

My phone, iPad, and Mac are all on the same internet. IMovies is connected to my cloud.

Mac mini, macOS 12.7

Posted on Aug 21, 2024 9:35 AM

1 reply

Aug 23, 2024 9:16 AM in response to Rcd_8226

You can export an iOS (iPad, iPhone) iMovie project to Mac iMovie, but not export a Mac iMovie project to iPad or iPhone.

You Mac iMovie version needs to be up to date with your iPhone version. For example, when I try to export an iPhone iMovie project from my iPhone 14 Pro to my Mac running Mojave and iMovie version 10.1.12, I get a fail message that the iPhone version is too new.

So, you might try updating your software and see if that helps.

-- Rich

My movies on movies are not the same on my Mac, iPad, iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.