You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp assistant multiple OS

I’ve got a 2019 MacBook Pro i9 32gb Radeon 555x, currently I’ve got windows 10 set up through my boot camp assistant. My main question is can I also partition for an instance of Linux with boot camp or am I limited to just the 2 OS? If I am able to partition for a 3rd OS can I do it from an external drive, my purpose is I use Mac for everyday stuff and social, windows for emulators and I am considering a 3rd on an external drive that I can run my company info through to avoid cluttering the other instances.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Aug 21, 2024 9:15 AM

4 replies

Aug 21, 2024 4:58 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

There is one very narrow exception to this, if your intended linux usage is EXTREMELY casual.

You can create a self-configuring USB stick with Knoppix linux, and you can boot from it, it will self configure based on the hardware it detects, and it is already pre-loaded with a whole lot of Utilities. it's just a little slow to get itself going, because it has a lot of work to do to get there.

Bootcamp assistant multiple OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.