You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inline Image Jumping Down to Next Page for No Reason

Working on a document that contains a lot of text and inline-with-text images. Working great until I started trying to reposition this one image. See the link below for a screen recording. I’m hitting Return in an attempt to move the inline image farther down on the page, so it doesn't overlap with the text at the top. For no apparent reason, at a certain point, the image jumps down to the next page. There is plenty more room for the image to be lowered, and the image is small enough to fit on the page. This has never happened before—I have much larger images earlier in the document and they don't have this problem. What’s going on here? Is this a bug? Does anyone know how to force the image to stay on the current page instead of jumping down to the next one? Thanks.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 19, 2024 1:32 PM

1 reply

Aug 19, 2024 1:55 PM in response to Xigwon

The moderator removed my Google Drive link, and I can't attach a video, and I don't have access to YouTube right now, so below are two screenshots of the process. The first screenshot shows what it looks like right before I hit Return. The second screenshot shows what it looks like right after I hit Return. The image should just move down one line, but instead, it jumps all the way down to the next page.

Inline Image Jumping Down to Next Page for No Reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.