You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop MainStage changing audio drivers

I have an issue with MainStage changing audio drivers in the middle of a performance, hence stopping sound. I have a YAMAHA YC73 keyboard, which came with audio drivers (YC Audio) allowing Logic Pro to record audio via USB. My live config is based on MainStage, with audio output to a Presonus mixer. However MainStage often decides to change the IN/OUT drivers to "YC Audio", which results in no audio output for the whole setup. Pretty annoying on a live performance!

Is there a way to force MainStage to use ONLY the Audio iN/OUT device that I enter in Settings and stop switching to others as he pleases?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 19, 2024 1:07 AM

9 replies

Aug 19, 2024 6:45 AM in response to tfromtroon

Thanx for the tip, however it looks like MS is actually switching to YC simply after some time with no reason. Everything else is still on the mixer (LogicPro, the system common audio, Audacity etc.), which BTW is connected via USB, just like everything else. Also MS is the only app that switches to the YC if you power the keyboard OFF/ON. As soon as it sees it, it switches to it. It would most likely do the same if I had Loopback installed.

Probably the best workaround would be to remove the YC audio drivers and leave only the MIDI ones. Problem is, I have tried but I found no way to do that.

Aug 25, 2024 4:36 AM in response to tfromtroon

You're right, there were Yamaha USB audio drivers there too. I removed them, rebooted but... the problem is still there. these are the most resilient drivers I've ever seen. Despite removing all drivers from all libraries, Audio MIDI setup still shows "YC Series" and as soon as they appear there, MS switches to them. It's like they're its preferred I/O device.

Aug 25, 2024 8:44 AM in response to tfromtroon

Yes it is connected, and it appears as an output in System pref when it is connected/on, even though I removed all the drivers I found. However no other software automatically switches to it, only MainStage, and that's the problem. When it does, I lose output in the middle of a live gig, because the YC keyboard is not a actually an output device.

Stop MainStage changing audio drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.