You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.4.2 title color changes won't "stick"

I'm using the "Reveal" title type which defaults to white. For some of them, it allows me to change to black, and others just won't change. All the titles are the same style. I tried deleting preferences and the first change stuck, but subsequent ones keep reverting to white. So frustrating; so unintuitive. Why can't I tell it to just change ALL titles to black? iMovie has been the same for so many years; all they've done is add a handful of ugly backgrounds, but no real improvements!

MacBook Air, macOS 14.5

Posted on Aug 18, 2024 3:09 PM

4 replies

Aug 18, 2024 10:53 PM in response to AGMontclair

It looks like your iMovie titles are working as designed. That's just the way the software is. Some titles let you do more changes than other titles.

This being a consumer format, the contributors here are not Apple, but just users of the product like yourself. We have no input onto Apple's software designs or functions.

You can provide your input to Apple here:

Feedback - iMovie - Apple

-- Rich

Aug 19, 2024 8:12 AM in response to Rich839

Well, as I said, I'm using the same title style over and over and sometimes it would change to black, as I wanted, and other times it wouldn't. So it wasn't working consistently, one way or the other. HOWEVER, I found a 3-step workaround: select the title, click on the "T" in the row of icons, then click the color square in that same row, then select the color and then click the checkmark. For some reason, that sequence of clicks makes it stick. Going straight to the color palette wouldn't...

Aug 19, 2024 9:12 AM in response to AGMontclair

You are right. After changing the color one must click the blue check mark to set the change for that specific title. I did a few tests and for me the color change did not carry over to subsequent use of the title. In other words, with subsequent use the title always reverted back to the default color. I was not able to make a universal change of the default color like you mentioned in your original post. Does that square with your findings?

-- Rich

Aug 19, 2024 9:33 AM in response to Rich839

Yes, the checkmark is critical, but I also found that the color palette will remain open but clicking on that little color square in the toolbar is an essential step, rather than selecting the text and going straight to the color palette. They really need to make this app more user-friendly! Like a "apply changes to all titles" menu item. Good thing I don't use it more often...

iMovie 10.4.2 title color changes won't "stick"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.