You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting iMovie clips and not retaining audio effect

I'm using iMovie 10.4.2 on a Mac OS Venura 13.6.9 In iMovie I can apply the small room audio effect but when I export the file, the effect is not applied. Can you help?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Aug 18, 2024 4:39 AM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2024 9:04 AM in response to vielle64

Hi

Try deleting/resetting preferences, as that sometimes cures export problems. To delete/reset preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new empty library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. (To reopen your old library close iMovie and go to your Movie folder (or wherever you have your old iMovie library stored) and double click on the library's icon. iMovie will open in that library. Now see if you can export and retain the audio effect. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Also, sometimes a glitch will occur that is confined to just one project and no others. If deleting preferences does not cure the issue, try creating a new project and see if you can successfully export from there.

-- Rich

Exporting iMovie clips and not retaining audio effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.