You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do Screensets saving coordinates?

Saving screensets means to me: saving different window configuration to switch between arrangement+pianoroll and arrangement+mixer working with 2 displays, for example.

Now I realize, that screensets also save the horizontal and vertical position within the arrangement. And that makes it unusable or I miss the point. If I have a region and a track selected I also want to continue working on that if changing screensets! I do not want to jump anywhere around! If I want to switch view between different parts of my song, LogicPro offers markers and arrangement already for that. A screenset is a set of screens.

This feature seems to me broken to me?!

LogicPro 10.8.1 macOS Sonoma (newest)

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 18, 2024 3:58 AM

4 replies

Aug 19, 2024 4:54 AM in response to cheftonmeister

I'm not sure what you mean by "saving" a screenset. You can create a screenset under a number from 1 to 8. It's automatically stored, when created. On my system always the last current zoom in stored. A computer has to store something. Your "issue" only happens after "locking" a screenset, which is usually not necessary. However, this might make sense as you like to have a certain zoom settings when working on certain tasks.

Aug 20, 2024 1:02 AM in response to yoyoBen

Yes, ‘save’ means ‘lock a screen set’. It was done to keep the window management organised and always the same. My issues are with either ‘lock’ or ‘unlock’, it doesn't matter unfortunately.

You can already save zoom settings with 3 key commands. You can already save certain tasks in your layout using markers and also the new arrangement markers. There are only screen sets that save different windows for different tasks and there is no logical reason why it has to jump around in the Arrangement window if my task is this selected region on this selected track.

I think they may have changed this without realising?

Why do Screensets saving coordinates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.