You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my MacBook Pro update isn't good enough to download garage band but my MacBook is new and has the latest update how do I fix

My MacBook is very new and I have downloaded the latest update but when I try to install garage band it tells me that I need a bigger upgrade to install but I have the latest update hoe do I fix it

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Aug 17, 2024 1:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2024 1:10 AM

The latest MacOS version is MacOS Sonoma 14, however I can see that you're only on version 12.7.

If your computer says that you're already on the latest version, that's likely due to the fact that your computer isn't supported in the new updates anymore.

You can check out the below linked article for instructions on how to upgrade to Sonoma and to find out whether your computer is compatible with it.

How to upgrade to macOS Sonoma - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2024 1:10 AM in response to Rafael1435

The latest MacOS version is MacOS Sonoma 14, however I can see that you're only on version 12.7.

If your computer says that you're already on the latest version, that's likely due to the fact that your computer isn't supported in the new updates anymore.

You can check out the below linked article for instructions on how to upgrade to Sonoma and to find out whether your computer is compatible with it.

How to upgrade to macOS Sonoma - Apple Support

my MacBook Pro update isn't good enough to download garage band but my MacBook is new and has the latest update how do I fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.