You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't work with Photos

I can move like 3 minutes of mov from photo to iMovie and then it won't load anymore. iMovie show still and red audio. video taken from iPad. iMovie crashes or freezes up. files that won't load will sometimes turn to "?" missing remote media. mov plays just fine in photo. I can move mov from photo to a folder and then to iMovie and it works fine. Deleted all my movie projects. deleted and reinstalled iMovie and updated. not using iCloud

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.6

Posted on Aug 13, 2024 10:43 AM

7 replies

Aug 14, 2024 2:01 PM in response to tdevl

Hi,

The first thing to try when iMovie misbehaves is to delete/reset preferences. To delete/reset preferences close and then open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and then delete preferences from the box that appears. . iMovie will open in a new empty library. Close iMovie and double click on your old library's icon in the Movies folder (or wherever you have the library stored). iMovie will open your old library and from there get back to your projects. Now see if you can load your video clips. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Also, sometimes a glitch develops that appears only in one project but not in others. Try creating a new project and importing your videos into it.

-- Rich

iMovie won't work with Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.