You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I resize an image in Pages?

When I make the picture smaller, the width for the description is about 1 cm bigger than the picture. That has consequenties for the lay-out, do you understanding? Is there a possibility of reducing the width of the description?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 14.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2024 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2024 3:00 PM

When you have a Pages document open on macOS Sonoma using Pages v14.1, and you click on an Image, you will see three principal tabs in the sidebar directly below the toolbar: Style | Image | Arrange. The latter is what I mean by the Arrange panel that you click and set Text Wrap to None. If you were to select both the image and the newly positioned Text box below it together, then you would see: Style | Arrange, and again, by clicking the Arrange tab, you would be able to set Text Wrap for both objects to None. You can see this in the following screenshot:

Gebruikershandleiding Pages voor de Mac - Apple Support (NL)

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2024 3:00 PM in response to Nenark

When you have a Pages document open on macOS Sonoma using Pages v14.1, and you click on an Image, you will see three principal tabs in the sidebar directly below the toolbar: Style | Image | Arrange. The latter is what I mean by the Arrange panel that you click and set Text Wrap to None. If you were to select both the image and the newly positioned Text box below it together, then you would see: Style | Arrange, and again, by clicking the Arrange tab, you would be able to set Text Wrap for both objects to None. You can see this in the following screenshot:

Gebruikershandleiding Pages voor de Mac - Apple Support (NL)

Aug 13, 2024 8:43 AM in response to Nenark

The caption of the image will scale with the image. It is not separate from the image and cannot scale separately.

Alternatively, do not add a caption to the inserted image. Add a Text box, select both and in the Arrange panel, set Text Wrap to None. Then resize the Text box to align to both sides of the image and add your centered text. Select the image and the Text box and from the Arrange panel, click Group. Now, as you scale the image down, the Text box follows that scaling and reduces the text to fit the scale.

Tested: Pages v14.1 on Sonoma 14.6.1

How do I resize an image in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.