You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove an old Windows 10 PC from the authorized devices in iTunes?

I have a PC that ran Windows 10 then went to Blue Screen of Death. I've replaced it. Problem is that it's still one of the 5 devices on my iTunes account and it was set a the primary computer. I still use my iPod and would like to set my current PC as the primary on my iTunes account, and completely remove the old, nonfunctioning device. I don't have an iPhone, and my only Apple computer is not on the iTunes account, and is 15 years old (but still works).

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 13, 2024 5:59 AM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2024 8:47 AM in response to 1derecho

Use "Deauthorize All" instructions below and then authorize any computers that you still want to use. Note that iPods, iPhones and iPads are not authorized devices. Only computers are. See the following from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

If you need to deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. On your Windows PC, open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.
  2. Click your name at the bottom of the sidebar, then click View My Account. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID first.
  3. At the top of your Account Information page, look next to Computer Authorizations, then click Deauthorize All.
  4. Authorize each computer that you use again.

How do I remove an old Windows 10 PC from the authorized devices in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.