You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I’m in the middle of a podcast, how can I keep it in my queue when I pause and listen to another podcast?

I often have a queue going of shows in a series (note: Continuous playback is turned off). Right now in my queue is a series 4 episodes long, and I’m halfway through episode 2. Unfortunately, every time I pause and listen to my morning news podcast, as it finishes, the NEXT podcast in the queue starts up, rather than returning to the unfinished podcast. In my current instance that means this morning it went to episode 3 after the news, and I then had to click on “go to show” to add both episode 2 and 3 again, because as soon as 3 started playing after the news, it left the queue as well, even though I paused it a few seconds in.

What am I doing wrong? I know I can resume the episode I had not finished in “Up Next” manually, but it does not fix the problem of knocking the next episode out of the queue.

Thank you!

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2024 6:47 AM

There are no replies.

When I’m in the middle of a podcast, how can I keep it in my queue when I pause and listen to another podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.