You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music/iTunes authorization not working

I have a relatively new computer (27-inch iMac, Retina 5k, 2020) on which I am trying to update the music on my iPod from my iTunes library. When I do, I get a message stating that the computer is not authorized. When I try to authorize it from iTunes, nothing happens and the message dialog is displayed again. (I understand that this is due to changes in TLS/security requirements for that program, so no real surprise.)

Going into the Apple Music app, I can authorize the computer, and get a message stating it had previously been authorized and has been re-authorized. However, looking at my account details, the current computer is still not listed, although my previous computer, iPod, and iPad are shown as authorized. Restarting the computer and closing/reopening the Music app does not change this. Looking at my Apple ID/iCloud settings, all 4 devices _are_ shown as associated/authorized devices.

I've followed the instructions in several related discussions, but nothing seems to work and get the new computer listed as an authorized device, and I still can't sync the iPod in iTunes. I _can_ do so with the older computer which _is_ listed as an authorized device, but I don't want to have to rely on that one forever.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this resolved? Again, details are:

• 27-inch iMac, Retina 5k, 2020, 40 GB RAM
  • MacOS Big Sur 11.7.10
  • iPod Touch, 6th generation
  • iTunes 12.6.5.3 (used so that I can still have direct management/backup/install for apps, needed for some that are not longer on the App Store)
  • Apple Music 1.1.6.37

Thanks for any help you can give!

iMac 27″

Posted on Aug 8, 2024 12:52 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Music/iTunes authorization not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.