You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to free up space

I have a Mac Pro 2019 with a 2TB drive, I'm getting the not enough space error. According to storage I have ZERO space.

I have TWO document folders

One has 1.97 GB used (Documents - Mac Pro)

The other has 449.3 used

I checked each folder on the (Documents Mac Pro) folder and they are no where near the amount of size it says the folder is taking up. This al started when I was messing around with I cloud and I mistakenly moved music folders which were on the desktop to I Cloud. When I tried to open those files the paths were broken so I had to reload and put the files and folder in there original place which was on the desktop so now I have this problem , any help??

See Screenshots below thx

Mac Pro, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 31, 2024 12:45 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2024 4:51 PM in response to dagwaremedia

a small-scale quick fix can be had by deleting files from the downloads folder, all of which, by definition, came from the internet and if Really needed, could be downloaded again.

getting rid of 1,000 1K files buys you almost no additional space. I espouse the "boat anchor" theory of identifying the really BIG boat-anchor sized files, and trying to ditch a few of those.

Some free utilities that can help are enumerated in this article:

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how… - Apple Community

Trying to free up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.