You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the various listings Apple Music has for single music tracks?

What are the different listings Apple has for some "Single" music tracks.

I've seen on some Apple or iTunes store music tracks where some single tracks particularly on compilation albums that some tracks are listed as "Single Version" then looking at one for Donna Summer I see "Edit",

"Single Edit". I've heard of Radio Edit but what is the difference and what is the recording industry standard and Apple's standard for these?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 29, 2024 1:43 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2024 2:21 PM in response to lamontsim

Hi,

The copyright holders provide the music with appropriate metadata. Many compilations have edited versions which is the past would probably be the version that was issued as a single. Single version or edit would often mean the same. These day Radio edit would probably mean the same.

You mentioned Donna Summer - one of her hits was MacArthur Park - over 8 minutes with single edit of around 4 minutes.

What are the various listings Apple Music has for single music tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.