You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can two 8GB Graphics cards combine to make 16GB on MacPro?

If I add two 8gb graphics cards does it make 16gb? Or can you only have one graphic card at a time?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jul 29, 2024 9:37 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2024 11:49 AM in response to paige2sun

Hi, paige2sun… maybe I can shed some light on this :

in answer to your first question, no, that’s not how it works, what you’re suggesting is called “CrossFire” and has never been supported in any tower Macs. In answer to your second question, no, you can have more than one, either MPX module or PCI-E graphics card or a combination of both, here’s more info

on that : PCIe cards you can install in your Mac Pro (2019) - Apple Support (CA)

john B

Aug 2, 2024 4:53 AM in response to paige2sun

I bought a SAMSUNG 49-Inch Odyssey G9 Series DQHD 1000R Curved Gaming Monitor for my Mac Pro.

I am not a gamer but I wanted the high resolution, 5120x1440, as I am a graphic & website designer.

I have tried all of the combinations of of cords to connect the two but I can’t get the high resolution of 5120x1440 so I’m told my graphics card needs to be updated.

i don’t want to spend $6,000 for Apple.com’s only graphic card upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Can two 8GB Graphics cards combine to make 16GB on MacPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.