You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail will receive but not send email on new iMac, but works OK on older iphone and MacBook Air

I have 3 Apple devices: a 2018 MacBook Air, an iPhone 14 and a brand new iMac. I have the same email account on all 3 devices with identical login details (same servers, passwords, ports, etc.), and it all works fine on the MacBook Air and the iPhone, but with the new iMac I can only receive, but cannot send emails. I receive an error message which reads "Sending the message content to the server failed" or "The server response was: An error occurred when sending this message using the SMTP server "(null)", and offers a choice of server: .me.com and my usual email server. The connection doctor says the IMAP/SMTP accounts all login successfully, but whatever I do, the message remains unsent in the Outbox. I have tried deleting the account and re-setting it, and I've tried migrating my user account from the original to a Test account. No improvement. Any ideas?

iMac 24″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 25, 2024 9:30 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Mail will receive but not send email on new iMac, but works OK on older iphone and MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.