You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing cursor in Keynote and several other apps

I also noticed an issue in other questions in the forum, but the topics are all closed.

Do you have an issue with your text cursor (not mouse cursor) and don't know where this problem comes from?

I found out that it was the fault of the Bartender app. After quitting the app the cursor came back..

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 25, 2024 1:02 AM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2024 1:39 AM in response to gabrieljorby

Eventually, I noticed that the issue appeared after I've tried to Disable macOS Sonoma Text Insertion Point (Cursor) / Caps-lock Indicator...

So eventually, if you get the issue of loosing your text cursor entierely, you could simple revert by entering in Terminal:

sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/FeatureFlags/Domain/UIKit.plist redesigned_text_cursor

Hope this helps.

Missing cursor in Keynote and several other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.