You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote not supporting .eps

I have been working on a Keynote presentation in MacOS 13. The presentation includes many .eps files that I have drag/dropped into slides.

Yesterday I upgraded to macOS 14.5.

Today when I try to add any of my .eps files into Keynote it gives me an error saying, "The image is of an unsupported type."

What is wrong? Is there a way to fix this without converting the files to a different format?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 22, 2024 4:52 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2024 3:13 AM in response to Scott Kopp

In Sonoma, Apple has removed all support for .ps/.eps files in the Finder, operating system frameworks (e.g. PDFKit), and all Apple applications. You will need to convert your .eps to another supported image format or PDF to proceed with that Keynote presentation.

Apple's reason is that .eps files pose a security risk and vector for malware. I believe that Adobe has dropped support for .eps in the current Photoshop. Yes, image stock companies still offer .eps for purchase, and that will likely change with dwindling support for the format.

Keynote not supporting .eps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.