You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Desktop skip songs or starts playing later when Lossless is activated

I have Apple Music Desktop app, downloaded through the Microsoft Store for Windows 10.

Whenever I turn on Lossless music, for both streaming and downloading, it starts skipping song, without playing them at all, or it starts playing sound after 10-15 seconds into the song.

Something I've also noticed is that, when it manages to play Lossless songs, the app volume control becomes useless and volume does not change.

Sound is going out through VoiceMeeter Banana, but the problem persists when sound is directly going to the output.

Both speakers, headphones and PC are capable of playing up to 24bit and 192Khz, as marked in Apple Music configuration.

When disabling Lossless it takes a while for loading songs and plays them without any complications, but the sound is crispy and with some stutters.

I've tried deleting Apple Music Library files, uninstalling the app, deauthorizing and authorizing the device, logging in and out, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

I've also tried looking for a pattern for which songs or albums this happens but there does not appear to be any.

Windows, Windows 11 (22631)

Posted on Jul 21, 2024 5:08 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Music Desktop skip songs or starts playing later when Lossless is activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.