You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see my music on iPhone when using Apple Utilities on Windows 11?

I have a number of albums on my iPhone 15 Pro Max that were put there by a third party app (MediaMonkey).

I'm having update issues on my phone with MediaMonkey these days so I turned to Apple utilities.

I've tried iTunes and the Apple Music and Apple Devices apps on my Windows 11 machine but have not been able to "see" the actual music that's on my phone. When I select Library or Music, I see music that was on my wife's account a couple of phones ago.

Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 19, 2024 10:52 AM

4 replies

Jul 19, 2024 2:14 PM in response to G-Man99

If its actually in Apple's default music App on the iPhone, then iTunes or the Music app on Windows should be able to see the music by choosing the iPhone in the side bar of either application.

Media Monkey claims to be able to sync to an iPhone, but whatever it does may not be entirely compliant and may require Media Monkey too get the music back.

Also, if you synced your iPhone with either iTunes or the Music app and the music was not available in them they will erase it from the device. The computer's iTunes library is the master and will overwrite anything on the device that does not exist in library on the computer.

If that happened, your music is now gone with no way to get it back.

If you still have access to the MediaMonkey library, then you will need to recover your music from there.

Jul 20, 2024 10:18 AM in response to Phil0124

I still have the music and (think) I've managed to turn all the SYNC options off.

The music files are on my PC but I can't see any way to add them to my iPhone.

The unfriendliness of iTunes is why I went to MediaMonkey in the first place.

I expect to have MM functional again soon but, in the meantime, I'd like to be able to add some music to my phone and I haven't been able to figure out how to do that using the Apple apps.

Jul 19, 2024 12:23 PM in response to G-Man99

Where on the iPhone is this music located? If its not inside the default Music App, iTunes cannot access it directly. If its inside the MediaMonkey app iTunes it may be able to see it if you access the app through the "File Sharing" option in iTunes or the "Files" option in the devices app.

click here ➜ Transfer files between your PC and devices with iTunes - Apple Support

or here ➜ Transfer files between your Windows device and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 19, 2024 1:21 PM in response to Phil0124

The music is in the Music app (at least that's how I access it when on my phone). MediaMonkey doesn't have an iPhone app.

I can't see a "File Sharing" choice in Music and "Files" in Devices just shows a bunch of third-party apps.

Incidentally, something in one of those two apps has deleted all my music from my phone without prompting me with an "Are you sure?"!

Why can't I see my music on iPhone when using Apple Utilities on Windows 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.