You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deciding macbook m1 series laptop for programming,

im thinking of getting a MacBook air m1 or MacBook pro for programming an usual office stuff , i new to MacBook's , what should i choose considering the budget and programming factors

Posted on Jul 12, 2024 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2024 3:20 PM

Both Python and Java are pretty lightweight as far as demands on the computer so you would be fine with the Air from a cost/benefit perspective, but I would still suggest 16GB. I feel that the base 8GB models are just not enough even for basic computer usage.

5 replies

Jul 12, 2024 7:02 AM in response to kaush7

For any M series Mac, I would recommend at least 16GB of memory. Not exactly sure what is meant by "programming a usual office stuff", but if that means using Excel or Numbers for office calculations then the Air would be fine. If you are using Xcode for developer programming, then I would go with the Pro.

Apple does provide a site to help you choose which Mac is best for your.

deciding macbook m1 series laptop for programming,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.