You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reduce Size Error: This presentation's file size couldn't be reduced - All media files already match the settings you chose

I've encountered this error multiple times in the last year and finally felt the need to address it. When I select 'File>Reduce File Size,' I see the file has room to be reduced; however, I receive the error in the subject line. How can I circumnavigate this?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 9:08 AM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2024 10:34 AM in response to hey_marcus

I think you're set.

The message you see when you open the Reduce File Size dialog is only an estimate. It assumes some level of compression or saving is available, but it's not until you say go does it actually attempt to compress the media files, at which point it tells you you're already as small as you can go (at least with the current settings).

You option is to change the settings (e.g. prefer 1080P over 4K videos, or HEVC over H.264), or split your presentation somehow.

Reduce Size Error: This presentation's file size couldn't be reduced - All media files already match the settings you chose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.