You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will all my Mainstage-2 patches open identical in Mainstage-3 ?

I've been using Mainstage-2 along with Logic and Skim (pdf's) as live setup in my MacBook pro 2009 (ssd drive) since 2010. Controlled by Automator-apps to set up instruments/tracks/lyrics/sheetmusic fast with one click.

Still runs perfect, but I'd like to switch to my new M3 iMac. Mainly because of the capacity to run Spectrasonics AU-instruments more live.

I have a number of patches in Mainstage-2 and would prefer them to open identical in Mainstage-3 as far as MIDI-routing, in/out's etc. goes.

iMac (M3, 2023)

Posted on Jun 22, 2024 6:48 AM

1 reply

Jun 24, 2024 12:50 PM in response to KimHolstDK4171

I can't see why there would be issues but not tried as I got into MainStage just as V3 came out. Interested though that you use Skim, so do I and for the same purpose. Rather than Automator routines, I use Keyboard Maestro which I find much easier to use. If it is of interest, I've done a YouTube on my setup which you can find at OOelectronics. Best wishes.

Will all my Mainstage-2 patches open identical in Mainstage-3 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.