You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO permission to save in Keynote (error saying documents are locked) despite they are NOT LOCKED

Hi community,

I am desperate with Keynote. It is not allowing me to save my presentations as the following error message appears: The document “xxx” could not be saved. The file is locked.

The file is NOT locked, permission is correct, and I am the admin. I am using a M1 Mac with Sonoma 14.5. It started to occur suddenly and it is affecting all my keynote files. I have read some threads with the same issue where the solution was to remove the excessive number of fonts activated in the Mac. How can I do that? Does it really work?

Please Apple support, some one help, this is terribly annoying. It is impossible to use keynote any longer.

Thank you so much!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 12:13 AM

There are no replies.

NO permission to save in Keynote (error saying documents are locked) despite they are NOT LOCKED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.