You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Keynote videos, "loop back and forth" drops frames when looping backward

If I insert a video into Keynote on MacOS and select "Loop back and forth" the forward part of the loop looks fine, but Keynote drops (lots of) frames when playing backwards. I'm not sure what controls how many frames are dropped—some small (file size) animations may be missing most of the frames while some larger animations may drop only every other frame or so, but it's not consistent with size. With most videos, the result is too embarrassing for me to use the loop back and forth feature in a real presentation.

Any ideas how to fix this? I make many of the videos, so changing the encoding may be an option. Most of the videos I've tried are mp4s with H.264 encoding.

Keynote 13.1 on macOS 12.7.5.

Mac Pro, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jun 5, 2024 12:55 PM

There are no replies.

In Keynote videos, "loop back and forth" drops frames when looping backward

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.